Pages

About Me

My photo
Starbucks is my second home, I love chinese food, yard sales, fall and winter. Penn State is my favorite I love my Old Dominion University and my Liberty University Flames =) I'm from Pennsylvania, and no I'm Not amish =) "Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."

Friday, November 19, 2010

Oreo Truffles- Perfect for Christmas !




Ugh I picked the worst time of year to try to get in shape. Seriously. I LOVE cookies. and pumpkin pie. and New Years Eve food. ugh. I can do it though and so can you! I LOVE the OREO Truffles I had at a baby shower. They covered them in chocolate but I actually prefer them without choclate. Here is the super easy recipe! ( And it's somewhat healthier too!)

Ingrediants:
1 box/bag ( what do they call them now?) Oreo's of your choice ( I used Kroger Brand Mint Chocolate and double stuffed Golden Oreos)
1 block of Neufchatel Cheese ( its in the cream cheese section) softened
sprinkles/colored sugar for decoration

Step 1- Unbox oreos and place in food proccessor ( I put 1/2 in then pulverized - I mean mixed them. then added the other half and mixed them together :)

Step 2- Add Cream cheese once its softened ( i cut mine into 4 cubes and put them into the processor)
Step 3- Blend the oreo mixture until it is creamy ( mine was about 20 seconds in the processor)
Step 4- roll the oreos mixture into a small ball ( about the size of a gumball or small jawbreaker
Step 5- Place balls on cookie sheet and place in freezer overnight ( mine were a little soft so I had to freeze them
Step 6- Roll Balls into colored sugar, sprinkles or candy pearls for a pretty finish!
Step 7- Enjoy and EAT!

I truly think reducing the chocolate and making it with neufchatel cheese made it not only healthy but also figure friendlier!

What are you planning on making this Holiday Season?

No comments:

Post a Comment