Pages

About Me

My photo
Starbucks is my second home, I love chinese food, yard sales, fall and winter. Penn State is my favorite I love my Old Dominion University and my Liberty University Flames =) I'm from Pennsylvania, and no I'm Not amish =) "Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rice & Spice Stuffing Mix ( for a Sachet)

Ok I wasn't sure how to word this but this is an Amazing stuffing mix for a sachet!

Sometimes if I want my house to smell really nice I will simmer this mix on the stove ( minus the rice):)

What you need
1 small orange ( you only need the peel)
5-6 whole cloves
2 cups Rice
1 WHOLE nutmeg( hand ground)
4 sprinkles of cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Vanilla

This smells AMAZING and smells so nicely inside a sachet/hot/cold pad :)

I take a vegetable peeler to peel the orange- it creates long strips which I air dried overnight in the oven on a cookie sheet then added to the mix :)

Basically all you have to do is combine all the ingrediants together in a small bowl until they are evenly blended. I like to simmer all of the ingrediants in some water on the stove during the fall- it makes the house smell wonderful!

If you would like to see how to use this in a hot/cold pad holder or Sachet please click here It's pat of my 12 days of CRaftsmas series

No comments:

Post a Comment